Festive Tea Lights & Ickyness

I’m feeling very sorry for myself, woke up this morning with a stinking throat infection, it's absolute agony, and I’ve no energy what so ever, which is a vulnerable position to be in when you have 2, 2 year  old boys to look after.

They know when I’m not in tip top mummy mode, they aren’t being too bad, considering I’m pretty much just stumbling around sounding like someone who has been smoking 60 a day for 50 years, they keep giving me cuddles and asking how I am, so sweet!

Anyhoo, as I’m feeling like total poop I’m going to share with you a tutorial for some festive, Scandi mini bucket tea light holders. This tut was first shared on Amie’s Pinkapotamus.



Today I’m going to show you a quick and easy festive decoration.


My love affair with Scandinavian inspired items has resulted in these little cuties, to make your own you need to gather the following items

{Mini buckets
Red & white ric rac
Scandinavian style embellishments
Mini bells
Hot glue gun}

Start off by cutting your ric rac in to lengths long enough to go round the top of your bucket.


Place a glob of hot glue on one side, I put mine just under the handle, press an end of the red and white ric rac into the glue.

Wrap the ric racs around the bucket, adding more hot glue on the opposite side, under the handle, press the ends of both the red and white ric rac into the glue. Snip off any excess ric rac.


Repeat for all buckets, I alternated between having the red and white on top.

From your selection of Scandinavian inspired embellishments, choose those you want to add to the buckets, I decided on one embellishment per bucket.


Add a glob of hot glue to the front of the bucket; press the embellishment into the glue.
Repeat for all the buckets.


I can’t have any Christmas d├ęcor without some bells in there somewhere, and I’m very fussy about bells, they have to have just the right sounding Christmas ring to them! I can be found ringing every bell in a shop just to find the right sounding ones; luckily these little rusty painted ones do the job!


Using some bakers twine I added a few bells to 3 of the buckets, tied to the handle.

Now you should have a selection of rather lovely mini buckets.



I placed mine on the mantel, the little train is a decoration from the Christmas tree we had when I was growing up.

Pop in some tea lights and you have a lovely candle lit display.



Hope you guys are enjoying my little Scandi phase!



Photobucket
Linking up to some of these

Home workMaking the World Cuter, French Country Cottage More the Merrier Monday Craft o Maniac Monday Organising Mission Monday Pinkapotamus Beneath the Rowan TreeHome Stories of A-Z, Todays Creative BlogShow & Tell, Power of Paint PartySomeday CraftsSweetpeas & BumblebeesHouse of HepworthsThe Shabby Chic CottageBeyond the Picket FenceThe 36th AvenueFireflies & Jellybeans504 Main30 Handmade DaysFunky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and DreamingSundae ScoopCraft O ManiacABC & 123Beneath the Rowan Tree, A Round Tuit, Serenity NowFreckled Laundry, Homemaker in HeelsSpunky JunkyFunky Junk InteriorsTatertots & JelloJ & M's Eye Candy, Organize with SandyThe Creative ItchRook no.17,  Creative SparkGingersnapsBlissful & Domestic,Keeping it SimpleCraft Junkie TooSimply DesigningMaking Lemonade, Truly Lovely BlogChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Cherished BlissYour Whims Wednesday, Lil' LunaCrafty ConfessionsSugar Bee CraftsSew WoodsyWicked Awesome WednesdayHome for the Holidays, My Repurposed  Life

Comments

  1. Hi Amanda. REally sorry you are feeling so crap. Get well soon, honey bun!

    Thanks for sharing this tute btw. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Scandi candleholders. They are so sweet and you did well creating them even though you are sick.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too stinkin cute! Love them.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    evie @ brown paper packages

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! :)

    Get well soon

    Katy
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are so pretty ! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute idea! Hope you're feeling better soon.
    M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these cos I love that whole Scandinavian Christmas thing. Funny how kids know when you can't cope and keep it down a bit, isn't it? Hope you buck up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awfully cute and you are amazing to have been able to post at all! Hope you're over the 'crud' . . . I have twins too. Mine are identical girls . . . they're 20 :) But I remember those days . . . my son was 2 when the girls were born.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling better by now. It is so hard to be sick when you have kiddos to watch/run after.

    These little tea light holders are beyond adorable - I love this look and style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your sore throat-- it sounds just awful-- esp. when you have toddlers!! It sounds like they are being sweet. I hope by now you have recovered-- or are well on you're way there. I like your new header/look. I have the Scandinavian Stitches book and I love it. I've only made a couple of the birdies so far, but I have a bunch of pages flagged to try. Sort of on hold til after the holidays-- which are rapidly approaching. Thanks for sharing the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are fully recovered by now and had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Those little lanterns are so cute.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda--what a sweet little craft! I love your buckets!
    thanks for sharing at Catch as Catch Can!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it so hard to be a mom when you aren't feeling so great?! I wanted so badly to take a nap today but my 18 month old didn't nap at all... at one point I just had to turn on the tv and snuggle him because I could barely keep my eyes open!

    Anyways, I'm in love with the colors in the Scandi style and you've done something so cute with it. Thanks for linking to Refresh Your Nest Friday #10, and stop back tomorrow to join this week's party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!