Scrapbook Stash Busting!!

A few years ago I got into Scrapbooking and card making big time! I brought the lot, 12x12 papers, card blanks, stamps, digital collections, Pro Markers, embellishments, a Big Shot and a Cricut, you name it I probably have it, and made 1 scrapbook and a bunch of cards.

Apparently scrapbooking and cards isn’t my thing!


So I’m now left with a whole stash of supplies which aren’t doing much except gathering dust, well that’s what I thought until I decided to use my stash to make some decorations for the home this Christmas.


{Present  Garland}

Am I the only one who just cannot stand this stuff, polystyrene packaging. I know it has its uses but it drives me crazy, so I figured why not make it more useful after its intended use!
Using a bread knife, I cut the packaging into various sized squares and rectangle.


Then using festive themed papers set about wrapping each square until they resemble a cute miniature parcel.


You can add any embellishments, ribbons, bows, tags, bells to give them a little charm.
For the individual ornaments, use some hot glue to attach a loop of some ribbon, twine or cord, once dry, they are ready to hang.





{Paper chains}

Who doesn’t love paper chains, they are so quick and easy to make, and look wonderful. Using a selection of co-ordinating papers, arrange them in a stack, using a ruler and craft knife, cut them into strips approximately 1inch wide.
Fold a strip into a loop, with the ends slightly overlapping, staple the 2 ends together. 


Thread another strip through the loop, and repeat the process, carry on until you have a chain. Hang either on your tree, mantel or walls.


{Paper cones}

Using a square of paper, curve it into a cone shape, secure with sticky tape, attach a ribbon for hanging. 


You can fill with some festive marshmallows, or some candied sunflower seeds which I must get hubby to make soon!


{Tree decorations}

Grab a pop stick, roll up various lengths of scrapbook paper, and glue them to the pop stick in a Christmas tree shape. Add a topper to the top of the tree, I used a gingerbread figure!




{Advent calendar}

Cut some scrapbook paper into 2.5 x 8 inch strips, you need 24, and fold them in half. I decided to round the corners.


 Add numbers 1 to 24.



Instead of chocolates or other such goodies, I have decided that my advent will be spent doing things for others. Every day I will have a ‘Random Act of Kindness’ to complete, nothing major or world changing, just little things to perhaps brighten someone else’s day. Once I’ve come up with my list, I shall pop one into each envelope, to be completed on each day of advent.



{Festive Signs}

Every home needs a couple of festive signs around the place. I covered a piece of scrap wood with scrapbook paper, added some stick on letters, a little Christmas tree and some bells, and now have a sweet little sign!




{Heart Sentiments}

I had a few wooden hearts left over from previous projects, adding a simple festive rub-on makes a simple decoration.




So, here are a few ideas to use up some scrapbook paper, I have more, but figured this post is way too long already!


12 comments :

  1. I had a little...er, huge...paper buying problem for awhile. I just looked at it the other day and was kicking myself for wasting the money, but this post has changed my mood.

    I love the mini presents and think I'll make a bunch of those and put them in a glass hurricane.

    And your advent calendar idea is so different and seasonally appropriate.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore the mini packages! They are sooo expensive in the store.. and for some reason it never occurred to me to make my own!?!
    Oh.. if you want a cute idea.. you can make photo albums for the Christmas tree with scrapbook paper and chipboard.. then fill them with your own pics!
    Happy paper crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda! I love your Christmas trees! Hope all is well with you and the twins are not getting into any markers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty amazing all the fun things you can do with scrap booking. I made a scrap book once, and I just had a hard time getting through it. I am not a very good scrapper. You on the other hand are a pro.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are really on the ball! Love the Popsicle stick trees and the advent calendar. So cute!
    Stopping by from Serenity Now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome that you found a way to use up your un-used supplies. I love the idea of making a paper chain with pretty paper. I may have to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been so busy and so creative! What fantastic makes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so crafty! I love the use of the polystyrene for that adorable present garland- going to pin that when I get my laptop back from my four-year-old ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some really cute ideas! I especially love the little mini gifts.... :D I'm gonna be looking to see if we have any polystyrene laying around here somewhere...i hope so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And found some! Made me some of those cute little mini gifts quick. :D

    http://naturallymecreations.blogspot.com/2011/11/crafty-recycling-xmas-tree-decorations.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, someone's been crafting up a storm! Love it! Now I'm in the mood to go raid my stash... hmmmm...

    Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday. I always love to see what you have up your sleeve each week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas, it helps me a lot! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10