Yummy treats!

Flu season this year has knocked my socks off this time round, I don’t remember ever feeling this bad, hopefully I won’t get another I’m not sure there are enough Kleenex left!

Anyhoo, moving on to nicer things….


I’m the first to admit that I’m no baker, but even this is one thing I can’t mess up!

I love coconut & cupcakes, so what better than coconut cupcakes!

To make these little bundles of yummyness you need to gather the following ingredients

2 medium eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
100g White sugar
Pinch of salt
Bag of shredded coconut (250g)



Crack the eggs into a bowl add the vanilla extract and whisk. Add the sugar and just a pinch of salt whisk it all together.


Mix in the coconut, making sure it is all covered in the mixture.

Pop some cupcake cases into a cake tin. Spoon into each case a few teaspoons of mixture.


Pop the trays in the oven for about 15 minutes at 200, once they are golden brown take them out of the oven.

Once they are cooled, pop in the fridge for 20 – 30 minutes to help firm them up.

Melt some chocolate, break into pieces and pop into a bowl which is sat over a pan of water. Make sure you don’t let the bowl sit in the water or allow the chocolate to burn!


Spoon some chocolate over each ‘cake’ and a sprinkle of stars!


Pop them back in the fridge to harden up the chocolate.

After you’ve had your dinner and the kiddos are in bed, make a hot choc, pop one or two coconut cakes on your plate and settle to read a few pages of a festive novel.


Eeeek! I’m getting ridiculously excited for Christmas, going to bust out the decorations and stuff tomorrow!


Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Oh the flu got us good too...I still am tired. Maybe I need some coconut cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you gotten your flu shot? They are pretty big here in the States. I am getting mine next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10