A week of sickness and bunting!


Seems like ages since I’ve done anything here, well they do say time flies when you’re having fun!

My ‘fun’, taking care of two little boys with the worst colds they have ever had.

Poor little munchkins are certainly having a rough time of it, runny noses, coughing and restless nights. It hasn't helped that this week the weather has been absolutely awful, we've had rain, hail, thunder and lightening and crazy winds, so we are stuck in the house and going a little crazy.

Needless to say, all this leaves me little time for any crafting; I have however managed to knock out this little pouch. 


I'm finally starting to use some of my fabric stash, the ones I purchased for no other reason besides liking the look of them.

I also made some magnetic bunting for the fridge! I know, kinda random, but I was getting fed up with the grey and the ‘ever practical’ hubby said I couldn’t spray paint it, think he’s worried I wouldn’t stop at the fridge! He knows me too well!!

Do you want to make some, here’s how
Grab the following

{Magnetic sheets
Scrapbook paper
Glue, scissors, ruler & pencil}


Adhere the scrapbook paper to the magnetic sheet 9 (not the magnetic side)



Once dry, use the ruler and pencil to draw out your bunting pennants, and cut!

Arrange on fridge however you like!



I’m still loving the red and aqua combo, have you seen the orange which is next year’s ‘colour’? I can’t say I’m a fan, what do you think?


Photobucket


Linking up to some of these

Home workMaking the World Cuter, French Country Cottage More the Merrier Monday Craft o Maniac Monday Organising Mission Monday Pinkapotamus Beneath the Rowan TreeHome Stories of A-Z, Todays Creative BlogShow & Tell, Power of Paint PartySomeday CraftsSweetpeas & BumblebeesHouse of HepworthsThe Shabby Chic CottageBeyond the Picket FenceThe 36th AvenueFireflies & Jellybeans504 Main30 Handmade DaysFunky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and DreamingSundae ScoopCraft O ManiacABC & 123Beneath the Rowan Tree, A Round Tuit, Serenity NowFreckled Laundry, Homemaker in HeelsSpunky JunkyFunky Junk InteriorsTatertots & JelloJ & M's Eye Candy, Organize with SandyThe Creative ItchRook no.17,  Creative SparkGingersnapsBlissful & Domestic,Keeping it SimpleCraft Junkie TooSimply DesigningMaking Lemonade, Truly Lovely BlogChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Cherished BlissYour Whims Wednesday, Lil' LunaCrafty ConfessionsSugar Bee CraftsSew WoodsyWicked Awesome WednesdayHome for the HolidaysMy Repurposed  Life, Momnivores Dilemma, making monday marvelous

10 comments :

  1. I really like the pouch! I recently made my first pouch (yes, I was so chuffed) and the bunting looks cute.
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, Amanda, the magnetic bunting is a brilliant idea. The fridge looks very cheered up. Hope your boys start feeling better soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your boys feel better soon. I loved the bunting on your refrigerator and agree with you. I'm not so crazy about the orange, but will always love red and aqua together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great crafting projects! I hope your boys feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, hope everyone is on the mend very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to doll up a fridge! I'll be featuring you next week. Thanks for sharing @ Creative Juice!

    BTW: I don't know if you are into holistic medicine or naturopathy, but when anyone in my house gets sick with flu/colds...we do the wet sock treatment. I wrote about it on my site. Take a look. It's a surefire way to activate the immune system to fight the bugs of winter...and vitamin d too! :) I give my boys a LOT of d. :) and me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda, hope your little ones are feeling better, and LOVE the bunting! Just a quickie to let you know you won my giveaway. Let me know your postal details by email at msmaxbennett@gmail.com and I'll have them in the mail to you asap, merry christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your boys are all better now. Love your flags on the fridge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's the cutest ever!! what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a brilliant idea, my fridge could do with some bunting like that. Where do you get the magnetic sheets from? Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10