A Winter's Walk & An Evening Craft

Yesterday we woke up to a perfect winter morning (minus the snow), it was a wonderful clear sky with enough chill in the air that you could wrap up warm.

We decided to take a walk along the beach, whilst there I snapped a few photos, my camera is just a ‘click & point’, and I’m really chuffed with the photos I got.


Once we got back home it was time to bust out some crafting supplies!
One of my most favourite things about exchanging gifts, especially Christmas gifts, is wrapping things up.

The paper, decorative tape, bows, ribbon, accessories, tags ahhh, just wonderful isn’t it!
I have been known to take everything out a box / wrapping just to rewrap everything individually!

This year I’m going to go with parcel paper, ribbons and some homemade tags.
I’ve mentioned before that I was in to card making, which I’ve not done for an age, suffice to say I have a whole bunch of card making supplies which are looking rather lonely at the moment.


If you want to make some tags gather the following

{Die cutter
Tag die
Card stock
Seasonal stamps and ink pads
Scandi embellishments
Glue
Bakers twine}


Using the die cutter cut out a whole bunch of tags, any spare can be used for other crafts.
(You could use a template and cut out tags with a craft knife if you don’t have a die cutter)


Next, using the stamps and ink pads, add a sentiment to the lower half of each tag.


Once the ink is dry, add a blob of glue to the centre of an embellishment and adhere to the centre of your tag.


Allow to dry.

Once it is dry, take a length of twine, fold it in half, thread through the hole in the tag and loop the twine through itself, pull.


Repeat as necessary until you have enough tags for your gifts.


Aren’t they sweet?





Photobucket

Comments

  1. These are SO cute!!! Would make any gift beautiful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are so cute! I hate to tell you that I don't enjoy wrapping presents, but I do like to embellish them once they're wrapped! Those tags would be a nice addition to them! Thanks for sharing this tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are so cute! I love the color-on-brown look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags are just adorable!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tags. My son used parcel paper one year and it looked so simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of baker twine! I'm sure they'll look great on presents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like the perfect day! A walk on the beach and homemade Christmas thingeys! Did you have some hot cocoa too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tags turned out so cute! They are going to look great on the presents. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to wrapping presents. I use store bought wrapping paper and those sticky to-from tags...yep, I'm too lazy to tape on gift labels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your lovely comment.
    Schöner Blog,
    Gruß Veridiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such cute Christmas Tags! I am now following you and I hope you will follow me back. Would you link up with my Handmade on Humpday link party going on now? You can find it at www.createdbycori.blogspot.com I look forward to more of your cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew it was a British beach the moment I saw it. Love to find UK blogs as there don't seem to be many of us about (not that I don't love ALL other blogs - you only have to look at my blog roll !)
    Tags are great - I have done my christmas cards on brown card aswell - come pay a visit.
    fiona@justpaintitwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My my, who's that handsome chap at the top and bottom of the collage pic at the top of this post???

    Oh, hold on a second, it looks like your adorable candle making hubby! :)

    Or, Me, as I like to call myself.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. these would be fun to do with the nieces I've love you to add it to my what we wore and made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so unique and beyond cute!! I love it!! Would love for you to please share it via my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party please...LOVE LOVE :)) http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/12/pininspirational-thursday-11-linky.html?m=1 *Thanks so much :)) Wishing you a happy Thursday..~Marilyn*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these tags! So cute. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are really cute! & it looks like a great morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I love how they turned out! You did a really nice job. They sure would be a great way to decorate a package! I'd love for you to share this with my readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays linky party. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!