Beach Hut In The Garden

It definitely feels as though we have broken free of Winter, I’m sure I shall regret those words in a few weeks, snow at Easter isn’t unheard of here!


Over the weekend the weather was so lovely I decided to make a start on sorting out the garden, a few months of neglect needed washing, painting and sweeping away.

I also decided that the boys’ playhouse needed a revamp, into a Beach Hut! Living by the sea it just seem the right thing to do, besides, I’m unlikely to own a proper beach hut!


Once we had it settled in its permanent spot, I slapped on a coat of white paint over everything, including the ‘porch’.


I then added some blue stripes.


I wasn’t too fussed at keeping it all neat, besides when you have little boys ‘helping’ the painting manual gets torn up and thrown out the window!


To add to the beach hut feel I made some super quick no sew bunting.


Simply cut out flags.


Using a stapler, attach each flag to bunting tape.

I used my trusty staple gun to attach the bunting to the beach hut.


I’m working on a sign to hang on the front door, so obviously needed to add a hook, this pirate one seemed perfect for the job!


I’m going to be adding some more details to the beach hut over the next week or so, but so far I like what we have done.


I haven’t decided on what to do with the inside, any ideas?


Photobucket



Linking up to some of these blogs





Photobucket



Northern CottageCherished TreasuresHome workMaking the World Cuter, French Country Cottage, More the Merrier Monday Craft o Maniac Monday Organising Mission Monday Pinkapotamus Beneath the Rowan TreeHome Stories of A-Z, Todays Creative BlogShow & Tell, Power of Paint PartySomeday CraftsHouse of HepworthsThe Shabby Chic CottageBeyond the Picket FenceThe 36th AvenueFireflies & Jellybeans504 Main30 Handmade DaysFunky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and DreamingSundae ScoopCraft O ManiacABC & 123Beneath the Rowan Tree, A Round Tuit, Serenity NowFreckled Laundry, Homemaker in HeelsSpunky JunkyFunky Junk InteriorsJ & M's Eye Candy, Organize with SandyThe Creative ItchRook no.17,  Creative SparkGingersnapsBlissful & Domestic,Keeping it SimpleCraft Junkie TooSimply DesigningMaking Lemonade, Truly Lovely BlogChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Cherished BlissYour Whims Wednesday, Lil' LunaCrafty ConfessionsSugar Bee CraftsSew WoodsyWicked Awesome WednesdayHome for the HolidaysMy Repurposed  LifeThe Tattered TagA Little TipsyMomnivores Dilemma

12 comments :

  1. Love Love Love it. As for the inside I think you'll work it out you are so creative.
    Carolynxx
    Coming at you from the Northern Beaches of Sydney Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Following in GFC and Linky followers
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. way cute! love the stripes and bunting...just adorable!! cute blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute! It's so beachy! I think somewhere maybe you could add some coarse rope? Maybe even to climb? and I think you need a telescope or binoculars.;) What a fun play house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Your kids must love playing out there! I would love for you to come share at my linky party!
    Amy@homehappyhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous idea...it looks great!
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Lucky kids with a creative Mum like you!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. how very very darling - what a wonderful fun little getaway! ahhh staples - so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out really cute! Love your bread bin from the first picture too, by the way. For the inside, how do you think the boys would do with a hammock? They may fall out, so maybe when they are a bit older. How about some rolled up towels in the bread bin in case they want to lay on them like at the beach? Or a little shelf with some shells on it? I'm sure whatever you do will be really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh. I want a playhouse. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just to let you know I featured your wonderful project on homework today. Feel free to drop by and grab a button. Enjoy the weekend! http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2012/03/inspiration-board-link-party-spotlight_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a super sweet playhouse - love it. Im also a new follower xx Nat

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10