Mother's Day Flowers - 3 Ways to Display Flowers

Sunday was Mothers Day here in good ol’ Blighty, and I had a lovely day with my boys.

I got several bunches of daffodils, one of my favourite flowers, the other being gerbera’s.

I didn’t want to just bung them in a plain old vase so instead decided to spilt the flowers 3 ways.


{1}
Most went into a vase, which in its own is kinda boring.


But just by looping a piece of ribbon and 2 pieces of ric rac around the vase, both the vase and flowers are given a pop of interest.


Looks great don’t ya think! You could also co-ordinate the ribbons and ric rac to suit the holiday or season, instant decorating.
{2}
The next batch of flowers was divided between these bottles I purchased last year.


Each one has a wire handle and 2 butterflies. I like them okay, but they seem to be  missing ‘something’.
I decided to add a strip of decorated tape round each bottle.


I added some water and popped in a few daffs into each bottle.


They look perfectly Spring~ish on our mantle.

{3}
With a few stems left over I decided to place these in the bedroom.

I don’t have any small vases, but I did however treat myself to a Starbucks drink the other day, the empty bottle is perfect for a few stems.


I washed the bottle and removed the labels.


 I then added a strip of tape, just like I did on the other bottles. Popped in a splash of water and a few stems.


I placed the bottle on the vanity, and now have some bright blooms to cheer me up at the ever earlier wake up time my boys seem to be inflicting on me lately.

So, now you have 3 simple updates for giving flowers an extra pop of colour and interest.


Am I the only one who didn’t know that daffodils weren’t all the same?

These ones growing in our garden are the regular type I’ve always known. 


But these, from the local florist, have a kind of shabby effect with the different layers, who knew!

Hope your week is off to a great start, today the sun is shining, there are no clouds in the sky and laundry blowing in the breeze, perfect!




Photobucket


Linking up to some of these blogs






Photobucket




Northern CottageCherished TreasuresHome workMaking the World Cuter, French Country Cottage, More the Merrier Monday Craft o Maniac Monday Organising Mission Monday Pinkapotamus Beneath the Rowan TreeHome Stories of A-Z, Todays Creative BlogShow & Tell, Power of Paint PartySomeday CraftsHouse of HepworthsThe Shabby Chic CottageBeyond the Picket FenceThe 36th AvenueFireflies & Jellybeans504 Main30 Handmade DaysFunky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and DreamingSundae ScoopCraft O ManiacABC & 123Beneath the Rowan Tree, A Round Tuit, Serenity NowFreckled Laundry, Homemaker in HeelsSpunky JunkyFunky Junk InteriorsJ & M's Eye Candy, Organize with SandyThe Creative ItchRook no.17,  Creative SparkGingersnapsBlissful & Domestic,Keeping it SimpleCraft Junkie TooSimply DesigningMaking Lemonade, Truly Lovely BlogChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Cherished BlissYour Whims Wednesday, Lil' LunaCrafty ConfessionsSugar Bee CraftsSew WoodsyWicked Awesome WednesdayHome for the HolidaysMy Repurposed  LifeThe Tattered TagA Little TipsyMomnivores Dilemma

Comments

  1. Great post! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via:
    http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-6.html


    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!