Pin Wheel Bunting ~ A Craft First

Can you believe that up until this weekend I had never made a pin wheel!


Crazy huh!?


We saw some pinwheels earlier in the day and I told Ahren we would make some the next day. That evening I looked them up just make sure I knew what to do, and before I knew it I had made a whole bunch of them!

They are the most ridiculously easy thing to make and rather addictive, great for when chillin’ in front of the telly!

I decided the colours would be perfect against the play/craft room wall and decided to string them together to make some pin wheel bunting.


Gorgeous!

Want to make your own?

Start off with a square piece of paper. I used papers from a pack of scrapbooking paper which was decorated on one side.


Flip the paper over, so the plain side is facing up. Using a ruler and pencil, drawer two lines; going from corner to corner via the centre of the paper.


Make a dash along each line approximately 1 inch from the centre.


 Cut along your pencil lines, STOP, at the dash marks.


Using a brad, pierce a corner of each triangle, you want to use the same corner in each triangle.


Once all 4 triangles are pierced and secured on the brad, poke the brad through the centre of the pin wheel. 

I love brads, tiny little colourful sweetness, especially those fabric covered ones.


Open up the brad and fold the pieces back.


Make up a whole bunch.
Pierce a small notch in the tip of one ‘flag’ and thread through a length of bakers twine. Repeat until all the pinwheels are attached. Hang the pin wheel bunting.


My boys said the decorations were beautiful, ahhh. You see that 'mark' on the wall that's  Thomas Tank Engine sticker which I'm not allowed to remove!

Anyone else made anything beautiful lately?


Photobucket


Linking up to some of these blogs








Photobucket





Northern CottageCherished TreasuresHome workMaking the World Cuter, French Country Cottage, More the Merrier Monday Craft o Maniac Monday Organising Mission Monday Pinkapotamus Beneath the Rowan TreeHome Stories of A-Z, Todays Creative BlogShow & Tell, Power of Paint PartySomeday CraftsHouse of HepworthsThe Shabby Chic CottageBeyond the Picket FenceThe 36th AvenueFireflies & Jellybeans504 Main30 Handmade DaysFunky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and DreamingSundae ScoopCraft O ManiacABC & 123Beneath the Rowan Tree, A Round TuitSerenity NowFreckled Laundry, Homemaker in HeelsSpunky JunkyFunky Junk InteriorsJ & M's Eye Candy, Organize with SandyThe Creative ItchRook no.17,  Creative SparkGingersnapsBlissful & Domestic,Keeping it SimpleCraft Junkie TooSimply DesigningMaking Lemonade, Truly Lovely BlogChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Cherished BlissYour Whims Wednesday, Lil' LunaCrafty ConfessionsSugar Bee CraftsSew WoodsyWicked Awesome WednesdayHome for the HolidaysMy Repurposed  LifeThe Tattered TagA Little TipsyMomnivores Dilemma

Comments

  1. Those are SO CUTE!!! Thanks for showing us how to make them. They are just adorable strung together. I am going to pin this on my Pinterest "party idea" board so I won't forget it. I saw your post over at "Weekend Bloggy Reading".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinwheels, always have! :)
    I use to make them with the kids when I taught pre-k. We made them in march along with kites and some wind streamers. I miss those days.
    gail
    ps why wasn't I following you? lol that's fixed, I am now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so very pretty and springy and fUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO adorable! I love this idea. So fun and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pin wheel bunting is the cutest! I´m going to have to remember this one=) Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I have never made a pinweel before but have a stack of paper that would be perfect, I feel a project coming on!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!