Bunting for a Birthday, my boys are 3!

Pinch me!

Seriously, someone pinch me, how they bejinko’s are my boys turning 3 years old on Monday?


I don’t understand, it doesn’t seem that long ago that I was waddling around, trying to remember what my feet looked like, wondering just how much bigger I could possibly get.

I could balance glasses on my tummy, good times, good times!


So, my boys are turning 3, an occasion which calls for some sort of celebration.
I mean, the hubby and I have done well to get them this far, so I think we deserve some sort of ‘do’.

My littleaccident last week has rendered me almost useless in the party prep area, two busted hands and a knee which is swollen and incredibly painful will do that to a gal’!

{Birthday Banner}


Of course I had to do a banner; I shan’t rest until every room has at least one bunting upon its walls!

I wanted to go with something a little different than the regular triangle flag, once I decided on a shape I cut out a bunch of ‘flags’.


Using the ‘waste’ part of vinyl letters I spelt out

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Using pink, blue and yellow paints, I painted the letters.


I then painted balloons on 4 flags.


Checking and double checking that I had the letters in the correct order, I sewed the letters to a length of bunting tape.


I wanted to add some ‘strings’ to the balloons,


 so grabbing some co-ordinating ric rac, buttons and thread, I made nifty little ‘strings’.



Once hung up, I realised just how difficult it is to take a decent photo of bunting which is this long!


Not that it matters, the main thing is that I made some lovely, fun, bunting for my boys.


Any hoo I have a bunch more things to get ready so had better skedaddle!
Have a great Monday


Photobucket


Linking up to some of these

Home workMaking the World Cuter, French Country Cottage More the Merrier Monday Craft o Maniac Monday Organising Mission Monday Pinkapotamus Beneath the Rowan TreeHome Stories of A-Z, Todays Creative BlogShow & Tell, Power of Paint PartySomeday CraftsSweetpeas & BumblebeesHouse of HepworthsThe Shabby Chic CottageBeyond the Picket FenceThe 36th AvenueFireflies & Jellybeans504 Main30 Handmade DaysFunky Junk InteriorsUnder the Table and DreamingSundae ScoopCraft O ManiacABC & 123Beneath the Rowan Tree, A Round Tuit, Serenity NowFreckled Laundry, Homemaker in HeelsSpunky JunkyFunky Junk InteriorsTatertots & JelloJ & M's Eye Candy, Organize with SandyThe Creative ItchRook no.17,  Creative SparkGingersnapsBlissful & Domestic,Keeping it SimpleCraft Junkie TooSimply DesigningMaking Lemonade, Truly Lovely BlogChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Cherished BlissYour Whims Wednesday, Lil' LunaCrafty ConfessionsSugar Bee CraftsSew WoodsyWicked Awesome WednesdayHome for the HolidaysMy Repurposed  Life

8 comments :

  1. Wowee! happy birthday to your boys!!!
    love the baby photo..just adorable and of course the bunting :o)
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! happy birthday to your boys! they're my birthday buddies! i've got one this week too! i hope that your hands heal soon! that's gotta be hard with them! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are adorable and I LOVE the cute birthday Bunting. Love all the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so sorry to hear of your accident. Maybe we are kindred spirits, because I just recently fell off my bike -- isn't that, too, supposed to stop in single-digits?

    Your birthday bunting is adorable, but I'm amazed you were able to create it in your "wounded" state. I also really liked your little painted buckets -- so cute!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you painted this!! How sweet! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what handsome little men
    you have on your hands

    and so sorry about
    the bumps and bruises

    hope you're well on your way
    to all better!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the strings and the button on the balloons. Too cute! I can't wait to see the rest of the party. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10