How to Add Links {URLs} to Photos & Images ~ Quick & Easy Blog Tutorial


I was asked how to make a photo or image link to another page, this is an example of what I mean.

blogging tips and tricks

The above button takes you to my {Blogging tips & Tricks} tutorial page.

To make an image or photo link to and open a new page follow these steps.
Insert your image in to your post editor {I’m using Windows Live Writer}.

image to be used as a link

In a new tab open the page you want your image to link to.

page image is to link to

Copy the URL for that page

URL the image is to link to

Go back to the blog post you are editing, highlight the photo / image and open the {hyperlink} or {link}button in your menu {the same button you would use for making text a clickable link}.

inserting a link into an image

Paste the link in to the {web address} bar

Tick the {open in new window} box and hit OK.

Your image will now link to and open another page!

I used this process to create my {tutorial page}, its quick, simple and has no messing about with {HMTL}..

collection of images with links used for tutorial page

If using this for a tutorial page, simply add more buttons as you have more things to add.

If you don’t already use Windows Live Writer, click on the link and down 
load it NOW! 

I first heard about it from Gail, over at My Repurposed Life, it has SERIOUSLY changed {for the better} how I produce my blog posts!

Let me know if you find this useful, or if there is anything else you want to know!
Have a wonderful weekend.


linking up to some of these

 Photobucket    Serenity you Poofy Cheeks Photobucket

     Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. I love your blog and am your newest follower. Do you have a tutorial about adding pages to your blog so it's more organized? I want to do this and I've Googled it with no luck without it being ultra complicated. If you have any suggestions feel free to drop by my blog. Thank you.

    Jess
    http://thedelightfulcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pinned this to my "Bloggy Help" pinterest board. I'm sure it will come in handy very soon! I found your post from the Serenity You Sharing Saturday link-up. I'm also a new follower! Thanks for sharing!

    Anna
    www.BeanBugCrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10