Summer Bucket List ~ Get Good Summer

I can’t believe its come round so quick, but this is the last summer before the boys start at school.

Rather than let the days all fade in to lazy sleep ins and pootling around in our normal laid back fashion I want to actually do something, make some memories before I have to share my boys with the bah humbug that is school and growing up.

Having read Claire’s post I’ve been prompted to come up with a sort of Summer Bucket List.

summer buckek list

1. Spend a day on Wimbledon Common

This is where I spent most of my summers days growing up, a great place to just let your imagination go crazy; building dens, climbing trees, catching frogs, sword fights and generally running around like a loon until you collapse at the Windmill for an ice cream.

3 trees

I’m pretty sure my boys will love it, I know I will and am really looking forward to it!

2. Go to the beach at least 2 times a week

Living by the beach it’s all to easy to take it for granted, but this summer I really want to make the most of it and enjoy some lazy days just paddling in the water, building stone castles and saving star fish.

seaside pics

3. Learn to crochet

I really really really want to learn how to crochet so I can make this!

Isn’t it just gorgeous?!

crochet

4. Start doing some of the things listed here

Walk in the rain

5. Have family days / evenings

This is one area we have been seriously lacking, whether it’s doing something as a family or a date night type evening for us parents, we need to start spending time together together as a family and a couple!

So these are just some of the things I want to get done over the summer, every week I’ll be linking up with Claire to let you know how I’m getting on!

If you need some inspiration on what to do over the summer or want to join in head over to Claire’s blog!

6 comments :

  1. Ooooh! I've always wanted to crochet! Wishing I'd put that on my list now!! Very jealous you are so close to the beach! Don't forget to link back to #getgoodsummer next week to let us know how you're getting on! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great list. Even though Switzerland has lots of lakes, I miss being near the coast. I love the sea and being on the beach so am rather jealous that you get to spend lots of time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic list! I adore your photo's too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I'm feeling the same about this summer with Meg starting school. I want it to last forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to live by the beach. When I did I took it for granted. I would quiet like to crochet too - but I will save that til next year. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to learn to crochet too - good idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10