Loving Where I Live

For now I call Eastbourne home, up until 7 years ago I was a London girl, then the need for more….space came calling and I got angsty to leave the hustle and bustle that is London.

It’s taken 18 moves to get to a place where I’m comfortable enough to call home, relax a little and unpack the bits and pieces of me.

I’ve been homeless, lived in a 3 bedroom with 7 other people {all blokes}, rented rooms, slept on floors and sofas, lost pretty much everything I own from one move to the next. But today, none of that matters, I’ve got a roof over my head, a comfy bed and most importantly my boys.

Other than loving the comfort and security my home offers, I realise I’m lucky to live where I do.

Whilst at the time I loved London, after awhile I began to suffocate…there was just too much of everything.

Eastbourne has it’s quirks, Turkey & Tinsel, drivers who don’t indicate and a few young kids who think they are gangsters from the Bronx, but we also have all this…

Trees to climb…

squinting at the sun

Sunrises to watch…

sun peaking behind the pier 

Calming reflections…

20130907_184132

Spooky mist…

20130903_155651

Storms to watch…

20131023_102309

Colours of autumn to enjoy…

20131010_114910

A seaside in the snow…

snowy eastbourne

Leaves to kick…

20131006_145748

Bright lights at night…

20131005_200439

Colourful summers…

flowers on the sea front[6]

Changing seasons…

3 trees_thumb[3]

Rivers to cross…

view from pooh bridge_thumb[4]

Tides to watch…

stones on the beach[4]

Endless skies…

clouds through the trees[4]

Hills to climb…

beachy head_thumb[2]

A place to think…

sandy beach

Somewhere soft to land…

snow play

These are just a few of the things I love about where I live, for now it’s enough to make me want to stay…

I was tagged by the rather lovely Hurrah For Gin in ‘Do you like where you live?’ linky going round, the original idea is from notSupermum

I’m tagging {if you want to play along that is}

 Three Years & Home

Make Do and Push

My Beautiful Three

Comments

  1. Wow! It looks great where you live!
    Beautiful photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could make anywhere look beautiful. Your photographs are breathtaking. Thank you for the tag as well. I will definitely be joining in over the next few days xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place is lovely! And I find the photo of your son on the beach 'thinking' so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics! Almost tempted to move there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post really made me smile :) Hurrah for appreciating all the little things. Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the photos! I wish i lived by the sea, i am very jealous =] ktbtw xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!