DIY Pom Pom Fairy Lights Garland

If I could have fairy lights up all year round I would.

There’s just something magical about a room lit only by those tiny little lights, especially on these cold and miserable evenings.

I’m going through a bit of a pom pom phase, and last night as I was debating where to string the fairy lights, I decided to add the pom poms to the lights and make a pom pom fairy light banner.

DIY pom pomS light garland

I used a string of LED lights from Primark, only £2.50, bargain!

DIY pom pom light garland lights

My pom poms where made using white wool and various sized pom pom makers.

DIY pom pom light garland yarn and pom pom maker

Over a few evenings I’d made up a batch of pom poms.

DIY pom pom light garland pom poms

Which I tied to the string of lights, LED lights don’t get hot like traditional lights so there’s no risk of fire.

DIY pom pom light garland

Once I was happy with the garland I placed it on the fireplace mantel.

DIY pom pom light garland lit

For a quick and easy DIY it looks rather lovely I think!

It’s more Wintery than Christmas I think, so it’s staying up now!

DIY pom pom light garland banner

5 comments :

  1. I really do love these! I think I will give them ago, your instructions seems really simply and easy to follow for an amateur like me! Now how to make the pom poms?!! I really am clueless!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fab! Think I might have a go at making some for the tree! Your tutorials are always good. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple yet so effective!! xx #creativemonday

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10