I Kissed a Girl And I Liked It

No not me, my boys!

Who are 4.

4 I tell you, and kissing girls!

Walking home from school my little, innocent darlings announced they had kissed girls.

Not a girl, but girls!

More than 1.

After picking up the pieces of my shattered heart and scooping my jaw off the pavement I asked who they had kissed.

{fake names being used}

Ahren “Twinky, Loolaa……..and Daisy”

Me “Three! THREE! You kissed 3 girls! Where?”

Ahren “On the football pitch”

Me “No, where did you kiss them?”

Ethan “On the cheek and lips” {does a dreamy smile}

Me “Oh lordy loo, umm did they mind? Why are you kissing? You’re 4”

Ahren “No, we like kissing {big smiles}”

Me “Maybe you should hold off on kissing at school, there’s lots of germs around this time of year”

Ahren “But we like kissing”

Me “Yes, kisses are lovely, but you shouldn’t just go around kissing people, they might not like it”

Ahren “ohhhh a stick!” {runs off with stick}

AHREN KISSES

As we ambled home, them smacking each others bums with the stick I got lost in thoughts of irate fathers knocking on the door, demanding to know why our boys was kissing their daughters.

Realising that the kisses are harmless and all part of growing up, I’m well aware that I’m the one struggling with them growing up, it’s too fast and too soon.

It was then I realised that the ‘easy’ part of parenting was over, the real ‘fun’ is just beginning.

Post Comment Love

7 comments :

  1. OOOh just you wait till they get to 10. My boy is constantly changing girlfriends. They argue, fall out, get back together, fall out because she likes his best mate more. I tell ya, it gets worse, and im dreading the teenage years....DREADING
    Phew best go calm myself down, I have the school run tomorrow with more tales from the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my 5 year old has a girlfriend. Although, she switches between 2 boyfriends on a daily basis.
    Popped over from PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! They're obviously going to be heartbreakers your boys, good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that's gorgeous, so innocent (for the moment, anyway;)) My four year old still thinks kissing girls is a bit yucky but I'm sure it won't be long before he changes his mind...Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big smile on my face after reading this - been hearing similar comments from my little ones!
    #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO cute. I also believe it won't be long before you hear the words 'girls...yuck!' !! Thank you for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, love the innocence. Boy even once got "married" at kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10