Adding png images to photos & collages in PicMonkey

I love adding little bits of flair to my photos in a blog post, usually in the form of png’s.

adding pngs to photos and collages in picmonkey

There are some crazy talented creative types out there who produce some beautiful png’s, some which are free to use and others which are paid for.

A few of my favourites are

The crazy talented Jess over at I Rock So What

Besides having a pretty darn hilarious blog, she has some amazing free stuff, crushin’ hard on her pngs and photoshop brushes.

IRSW

The lovely Hannah at We Lived Happily Ever After

Hannah has a fab lifestyle blog, covering everything from being a military wife to DIYs, her freebies are adorable!

If you have the cash to splash Etsy is the place to go to find premade or order up your own style of pngs.

I’ve been asked a few times how I do the collages I use in my Week That Was.. posts, now I’m going to show you!

Other than some fab png’s you only need PicMonkey

I’m assuming the png image needs to be cropped from others, to do this you need to open the png image.

open png

Using the crop tool, highlight the specific png image you wish to use.

crop png

Hit the Apply button, and you’ll be left with the solo png image

cropped png

Save to your computer.

save cropped png

Now you want to add the png to a photo, open up a photo

pic to be pnged

Go to Overlay and select the Your Own tab, when prompted open the png image you wish to use. You can flip, reverse, change size and colour of the png until you are happy with the result.

png overlay

Move it around until you are happy with its placement.

editing png overlay

Save the photo.

BOOM!

Now you have a pretty nifty photo with a rather lovely png!

ethan in shadows and heart

Another way I like to use png’s is to add them to collages.

Open up the collage option on PicMonkey, select the photos you want to use and pop them into one of the collage layout options, leaving spaces here and there.

Make the background transparent by clicking that option.

adding pngs to collages

Select the Edit option to move the collage over to PicMonkey Editor.

Now’s the time to add text if you want.

adding text

When your happy to add png’s, go to the Overlay menu, and select Your Own.

You can tinker with the png’s until you’re happy with their placement and whatnot.

adding and editing pngs

Save your photo.

save photo

BOOM!

Now you have a swanky photo with text and snazzy png’s!

i made these

Hope you find this helpful, let me know if you any questions!

Comments

  1. Ahh! Thank you so much for this! I've been wondering where your lovely arrows come from for ages!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulicious! How do you make your pics into circles? I tried a website app thing but it was rubbish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I just have no design streak at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a week of discoveries for me. I just found out about Over app for iPhone and now this. How awesome! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!