How To Design Your Own Artwork & Typography Prints Using PicMonkey

I love PicMonkey! It’s my go to photo editing site. The ease with which you can edit and create is amazing, I tried PS and failed, there maybe a laptop embedded in a wall after being thrown across the room in a fit of despair.

Anyway, less about my dramatics and on to the wonder that is PicMonkey.

As well as being a nifty tool for tweaking photos you can use it to create…stuff.

Prints, posters or art…whatever you want to label it, PicMonkey can help you make it.

Whilst I love having prints and what not adorning the walls, I’m a fickle girl and change my mind often. Being able to knock up my own prints which cost pennies to print saves me more than a small fortune.

How To Design Your Own Artwork & Typography Prints

How to create your own prints

Step 1. Choose a quote, lyrics, image or whatever you want on your print. {make sure you adhere to any T/C of images}

Step 2. Open up PicMonkey and select the ‘Design’ option.

 How to create your own art prints

Step 3. Choose a canvas to work on or select your own size.

How to create your own art prints canvas options

Step 4. Using ‘Basic Edits’ change the colour of your canvas if you want to, or leave it white.

How to create your own art prints basic edits

Step 5. Using the ‘Overlays’ tab add any images you want to appear on your canvas. Changing position, size and colour if necessary.

How to create your own art prints adding images

Step 6. Using the ‘Text’ tab add any words or letters to the canvas. Changing position, size and colour if necessary.

How to create your own art prints adding text

Step 7. Once you are totally happy with your newly designed canvas, save!

let's go on an adventure

Step 8. Print and display, stick on the fridge or send as a postcard!

Here’s a few I’d tinkered about with the past week or so.

How to create your own art prints adventure and daydream

How to create your own art prints joy and ever after

Loving how they turned out!

happy

daydream and adventure

3 comments :

  1. I LOVE your tutorial posts, so straightforward. Plus, I love the colours and things you use. I have zero artistic ability so am incredibly envious! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done little bits and pieces with PicMonkey but now I'm inspired to do so much more! Thanks for walking us through it so simply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of typography and you inspired me too. I did something sort of similar by filling in my state of MN's silhouette with words that remind me of the state. The Best style of fabulous designs of typography art for home, office interiors. Find a huge selection of calligraphy posters.
    typography art prints


    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10