Interviewing Your Child ~ Some Interesting Answers!!


One of the greatest things about being a parent is being able to witness the innocent way in which children view themselves and the world around them.
 
TO BE A CHILD IS TO
When I saw this post from Andie at Crayon Freckles I knew I had to ask my kiddos these questions.
{Andie has a blog which covers a little of everything, she has wonderful fun ideas for educating children, thanks to home-schooling the adorable Bear}
 
They are growing up so quickly, too quickly, and I wanted to capture their honest and innocent thoughts on random topics, before they start making too much sense!
 
Some of the answers made us laugh out loud, some made us exchange a WTF look and a few melted my heart just a little bit more.
 
1. If you could live in a house shaped like anything, what would it be?
Ahren “Rectangle” Ethan “Circle”
2. What do you think is in outer space?
Ahren “Moon” Ethan “Aliens, flying saucers and the dark”
3. What is your favourite colour?
Ethan “Red”  Ahren “Pink”
4. Where is the most wonderful place you've ever been?
Ahren “England” Ethan “Eastbourne”
5. What are you good at?
Ahren “Dancing” Ethan “Jumping”
6. What's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?
Ahren “Let’s play a game” Ethan “Want to come to a party?”
7. What are you most proud of?
Ethan “Mummy's pancakes” Ahren “Daddy's pancakes”
8. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
Ethan “Play hide and seek” Ahren “Hide”
9. What is the worst smell in the world?
Ethan “Smelly socks” Ahren “Poo”
10. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Ethan “Dinosaur” Ahren “Cake maker”
11. What makes you cry?
Ethan “When people try to take toys off me” Ahren “When somebody tries to hurt me, guys who don’t like me”
12. Where do babies come from?
Ethan “Big peoples tummy” Ahren “Tummies”
13. What are you scared of?
Ahren “Scary noises, ROOAAAR” Ethan “When I see a ghost when I dream, it comes through the bedroom window”
14. If you could, what two animals would you combine?
Ethan “A cat and a cow”   Ahren “A  horse and a sheep”
15. Who is your hero?
Ahren “Superman” Ethan “The super girl”
16. What is your favourite song?
Ahren “Twinkle twinkle little star”  Ethan “The pajanimal song”
17. What is a friend?
Ahren “Who you play with”  Ethan “Poppy”
18. What is your favourite memory?
Ahren “When I was a baby and saw popcorn flowers”  Ethan “London to see nannie and doopa”
19. If you could, what type of animal would you be?
Ahren “Horse”  Ethan “Dog”
20. Who is your best friend?
Ahren “Poppy”  Ethan “Taylor Rose”
21. What is your favourite thing to do with family?
Ahren “Play games”  Ethan “Play peekaboo”
22. What is the most important rule?
Ethan “To behave”  Ahren “Hold hands crossing roads”
23. If you had a million pounds, what would you spend it on?
Ahren “A new doll”  Ethan “To buy food”
24. Why do people get old?
Ahren “When they eat vegetables”  Ethan “Because they haven’t slept”
25. What is love?
Ahren “When you love a friend”  Ethan “When you love playing with your toys”
26. If you had super powers, what would they be?
Ahren “Flying and red lasers”  Ethan “Boomerang and flying”
27. What's the best thing about being a kid?
Ahren “When you have a mama and a papa to look after you”   Ethan “Playing”
28. What makes you happy when you're sad?
Ahren “When someone starts to be silly”  Ethan “Cuddles from you”
29. Do you have a favourite number?
Ahren “100”  Ethan “10”
30. What is something that you don't understand about grownups?
Ahren “When they say eat your vegetables” Ethan “They tell me to eat vegetables”
31. What do you think is the most important thing in your house?
Ahren “Sitting down”  Ethan “Mummy”
32. What is your favourite word?
Ethan “Surprise!”  Ahren “I love you”
33. If you had your own country, what would it be called?
Ahren “I would say, England” Ethan “Eastbourne”
34. What do you dream about when you sleep?
Ahren “Lego land” Ethan “Lego land”
35. If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?
Ahren “A violin, it’s my favourite”   Ethan “A saxophone or maybe a socksophone”
36. What 3 words would you use to describe our family?
Ahren “Loving, care and awesome”  Ethan “Happy”
37. What's something you'd like to learn how to do?
Ahren “New things”   Ethan “To build Lego”
38. If you had to give away all of your toys but one, which one would you keep?
Ethan “A train”  Ahren “My unicorn”
39. What do you think Heaven is like?
Ethan “Heaven is not a real word” Ahren “I don’t know”
40. What is something that you're thankful for?
Ahren “Ice cream, flavoured strawberry” Ethan “When someone wants to help push me on the slide”
41. What's the hardest thing you've ever had to do?
Ahren “Reading eggs”   Ethan “I don't know”
42. Do you think that telling the truth is always right, even if it hurts someone's feelings?
Both “YES”
43. What's the greatest thing about being you?
Ahren “When I look in the mirror and see myself” Ethan “Hugging”

 
Andie’s original printable had 50 questions, I took some out and switched a few up.
 
Why not have a go at ‘interviewing’ your own children, the results will be interesting.
It will be interesting to see how their responses differ in 12 months time.
 
It would be so fun to see the responses from other children, why not pop them in a blog post and link up below!

Comments

  1. I have never met them but... I love your boys! How cute are they?! Mummy is the most important thing in the house! And the best but about being a kid is having a Mama and Papa to love you!!! Awwww! I want to squish them! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I may have a go at this one day this week. Will go take a look at the original to see the other questions too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I love these! Am defo gonna steal this idea for my 3 year old. A great insight into their crazy minds. Such cute answers too - loving the Mummy love. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this! Your boys are so funny, bless 'em. I interviewed my little lady. http://serendipityandme.com/interview-with-holly-age-9/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!