Quirky Cool

Must admit I’m rather liking the description of my home style as ‘quirky cool’, if only I could somehow transfer that quirky coolness to myself!

But it does actually sum up my home rather well.

I took the #GreatBritishHome “What’s Your Celebrity Home Style” quiz and whilst it’s pretty bang on, I’m not to keen on the gold mirror. Actually let’s scrap the gold mirror and decoupage it up, and add fairy lights, you can never have too many fairy lights.

EVER.

great british home

We’ve lived in our little house for seven years {I think}, and it’s the first time I’ve really had a place to call home.

It is personalised by all who live under its creaky sometime leaky roof {grrr those pesky high winds}.

Once the front door closes on the outside world, we’re safely enclosed amongst some of our favourite things. An assortment of vintage furniture, lovingly stripped and repainted. Bespoke handmade furniture, made just for us by my talented FIL. Snuggly blankets which offer a cuddle when up late at night. An eclectic collection of decorations, some made by our own hands. A few were purchased and remain just as they were, whilst others were collected on days out to capture memories we will cherish.

Whether it’s a Great British Home or any home for that matter; bought or rented, big or small, home should always be your safe place.

A place where you can shut out everything else and just be….you. The latest styles and fashions shouldn’t matter, it’s your refuge where your personality can really shine through. If you want to mix up colours, go for a minimalist chaos look or want Marvel comics to adorn every wall, go for it.

Make it great, make it yours.

our home 2

our home

{“This post is an entry for #GreatBritishHome Challenge  sponsored by Victoria Plumb, a source of quality bathrooms for every type of home. Take its “What’s Your Celebrity Home Style?” quiz to discover what your home says about you.”}

Untitled-22

4 comments :

  1. Are those pictures of your home? I absolutely LOVE it! My OH won't allow clutter/fancy bits/decorative touches. Well he doesn't much care for them, put it that way! I think it makes a house a 'home' and love yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this is your home, I think I am in love and very envious. I love homes with personality. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this is your home, I think I am in love and very envious. I love homes with personality. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG if that's your home, I have serious house envy. Looks so cute. I have loads of ideas but they don't ever seem to translate into decor in my house. I never get round to hanging pictures or bunting. It just sits about getting dusty waiting for the day I have a spare minute. When's that gonna happen? Never. But you've inspired me to have a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10