Being a Grown-up, Don’t Take it to Seriously!

The older I get I more I realise I never want to grow up.

That’s not to say I don’t want to live for many many years, I do, there’s a whole lot of stuff I still need and want to do, but I don’t want to grow up and take life too seriously.

I enjoy not living life as one expects a grown up to.

I’ve had a good career, compared the pro’s and con’s of a hoover, made a couple of fantastic kids, broke a dishwasher, signed the paper work for a mortgage and done a whole bunch of other things that my younger self believed one only did as a grown up.

And as much fun as all that has been…..

It’s not nearly enough for me.

I need to feel silly and laugh like a loon; the bills will still be there at the end of the day, the tough decisions will still need to be made, but if I can still embrace the silly things, I think I’ll be okay with the tougher, more serious side of being a grown up.

Being_an_adult can be fun when you are acting like a child

I walk on walls, zip down the supermarket aisles whilst hanging on to a shopping trolly, stomp in puddles to see who I can splash and sing at random intervals. I do a little happy dance in the supermarket when I see the Kinder Santa / Bunny on the shelves.

I love being silly, whether it’s dancing life a goof in the kitchen, belting out Bohemian Rhapsody with the kids, teaching them ‘high five’ the ‘sign of the horns’ or whatever, so long as I end up laughing like a crazy silent seal, clapping my hands with tears rolling down my face, it’s all good.

I still find things exciting; whether it’s Christmas decorations, snow falling or the “FUZZY WUZZY GLITTERY PLANT” I saw in the garden centre the other day; it’s a relief that I still find things to be excited about.

It’s taken a while, but I’ve realised that life isn’t to be taken too seriously, I don’t need to care what others think, it’s okay if I don’t succeed in everything I try, I don’t need to focus so much on the negatives; it won’t change their outcome.

So long as I still find time to be silly, laugh everyday and get excited by everyday things, I think I can handle this whole being a grown up malarkey.

Comments

  1. Sucha great post! I always say to Hubby... 'When I grow up....' and he laughs at me. Mortgage, 2 kids, married, good job... blah blah blah. It's ALL about the fun stuff! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone say we had to grow up!? I've been giggling at Tom and Jerry all morning with the little one.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!