Looking Forward

I know it’s not the done thing, but f@@k it, I’m doing it.

Yay me!!!

I’ve now done one whole week on reduced antidepressants for my PND and PTSD.

A week might not seem long to most, but if you’ve been “blessed” with the mental torture that is depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder then you know just how long a week can be.

168 hours where I have been on reduced meds.

And I haven’t broke.

I haven’t succumbed to the darkness

The negativity hasn’t stolen the joy that is in my life

I’m happy

Not nauseatingly so, I still had a good ol’ cry on Friday, but I was able to deal and process the emotions before they swamped me.

I’ve cherished the crazy hyperactivity that is mothering Ahren and Ethan.

I’ve loved the crazy unique relationship I have with hubs.

I’ve concentrated on what’s important, said ‘bollocks’ to what doesn’t matter and just enjoyed being me; Amanda, a mother, partner, sister, daughter and friend.

It’s so nice to enjoy being me again.

my depression in words

8 comments :

  1. Cause you're amazeballs! A beautiful, strong bundle of awesomeness and I loves ya. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo! Go you! Fantastic news xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to you, definitely a reason to be proud and definitely fantastic to be enjoying being yourself again xx #loudnproud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post! One week down, many more to come I hope - Looking forward to hearing more about you enjoying being you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you. Baby steps is all you can do and you sound like you are doing them in style. Good work lady xx #loudnproud

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10