A Year of the Pier ~ Eastbourne Pier in Photographs

I started photographing Eastbourne Pier a year ago. 

An informal photography challenge to myself, capturing the same subject in different ways, at different times from various points of view.

I never actually expected to enjoy it as much as I have.

But over the weeks it grew on me.

Not just as a subject to photograph, there was something about it’s determination to survive.  It’s stood proudly from the coastline for over 100 years, survived 2 World Wars, fires, weathered countless storms and the pounding of thousands of feet and crashing waves.

eastbourne pier 7

eastbourne pier 6

eastbourne pier 4

eastbourne pier 3

eastbourne pier 2

eastbourne pier 1

sun burst beside pier

Fluffy clouds over Eastbourne pier_thumb[2]

dusky pier

sunny day at eastbourne pier_thumb[2]

pier behind grass

Sunlight through the pier

sun peaking behind the pier

low tide from the pier

dancing under the pier

sunshine above the pier

LAMPPOST AT SUNSET

early morning pier

I do hope they rebuild, as one of only 58 piers left in the UK, it would be a shame if such an iconic structure of our seaside were left to tumble into the sea.

6 comments :

  1. I hope they rebuild it too, it was so sad seeing the photos on the news of it on fire :( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your pier photos and always look forward to them on Silent Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, being away from the UK the fire wasn't on my radar, just read about it. I so hope they rebuild too :(

      Delete
  3. I grew up in Weston super Mare, so have a particular fondness for this type of seaside. I hope they rebuild too, would be so very sad not to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photographs and what has happened now is just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was heartbroken for you when I saw this on the news. My first thought was of you and your wonderful Sunday pictures.
    I hope they rebuild, then we can witness it, through you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10