How To ~ DIY Pennant Chalk fabric Banner

I love adding new decorative items to our home, homemade ones especially, they add some real personality to what could otherwise be rather bland walls.

How to make a chalk fabric pennant displayed on the wall

Yesterday I decided to finally do something with a piece of chalk fabric that has been taunting me for a while

How To ~ DIY Pennant chalk fabric banner

How to diy chalk fabric banner

Step 1. Gather your supplies; you’ll need chalk fabric, chalk and twine. The decorative elements, confetti and pom poms are all optional.

How to make a chalk fabric pennant

Step 2. On the reverse of the fabric draw the outline of the banner you wish to use, and cut it out.

Step 3. Before you add and words or design to chalk fabric you need to cure it. Grab a chalk, yep I nabbed some from the kids art box, and rub it all over the fabric a bunch of times.

How to make a chalk fabric pennant curing the fabric

 

Step 4. Use a chalk eraser to rub out the chalk.

How to make a chalk fabric pennant flag shape

Step 5. Add your design. I used some chalk pens, honestly not too sure how I feel about them.

How to make a chalk fabric pennant adding design

Step 6. Add decorative elements if you wish. I sewed the pom pom trim to the top of the banner, and used glue dots to adhere the confetti.

How to make a chalk fabric pennant with pom poms and confetti

How to make a chalk fabric pennant almost finished

Step 7. To hang the banner I sewed a length of bakers twine to the top two corners of the banner, this made a loop for hanging.

Looks rather lovely against the yellow wall among all the other bits and bobs I’ve added.

How to make a chalk fabric pennant displayed on the wall

8 comments :

  1. It really is lovely, Amanda. Chalk fabric? Never knew such a thing existed. I obviously lead a very sheltered life. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, I first heard of it a few years ago, weird stuff!xx

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome! I didn't even know you could get chalk fabric. I have chalk pens and not sure about them either, they're a nightmare to get off! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, yes, it's weirdly amazing.
      I use warm water and just scrub away, maybe add some dish soap for older designs. They just don't look 'right' to me

      Delete
  3. Honestly I had no idea chalk fabric even existed, I need this in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of chalk fabric... but might just have to hunt some down now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chalk fabric ! Genius! See I learn something new every day. Loving the pom poms on there too. It looks fab - I neeeeed to try this. thanks for the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, also never knew chalk fabric existed either! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10