Review ~ Personalised Abacus

I love it when toys combine practicality with ‘looks’, nothing worse than a heap of garishly coloured plastic filling up a toy box.

One of my favourites is the wooden abacus from My 1st Years. Whilst not only looking gorgeous it has been a fantastic tool for teaching a whole host of things to the boys.

My 1st Years wooden abacus

From counting, sorting and making patterns {Ahren likes to put 3 beads one side and 7 beads the other side, then repeating until he has created a pattern of 3 and 7 beads} it provides endless opportunities of learning and fun.

The bright colours make it instantly attractive to young minds and the beads are perfectly sized and sturdy enough for those curious fingers to play with.

My 1ST Years wooden abacus beads

The fact that it is also personalised, engraved in the wooden frame, just makes it extra special, Ahren is a ridiculous awkward name to find anywhere. I love it when a store provides that little extra service for the quirky, less traditional names.

My 1st Years personalised abacus

Even the packaging was gorgeous, and was swiftly used for Lego storage whilst the boys played with the abacus.

My 1st Years packaging

If you are looking for a gift to celebrate a birthday, special occasion or just want to treat a little one, you are bound to find something from the vast collection at My 1st Years.

Some of my favourite finds can be found here in a gift guide I created.

Non tradtional new baby and christening gifts from 1styears

~ My 1st Years generously gifted the personalised abacus for the purposes of review, however all opinions are my own~

1 comment :

  1. I love that they were able to put both names on for you. This is really gorgeous and looks such great quality too. I love the packaging! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10