How To ~ Colourful Driftwood Garland

I have this thing about driftwood, large or small I can’t resist a piece, and just have to pick up any that I see.

My collection of driftwood is getting a little ridiculous, there’s only so many ‘artfully displayed bowls of driftwood’ you can have about the house before people start giving you odd looks.

I decided to combine some driftwood with a bit of colour and make something for the garden.

How to make a colourful driftwood garland

This is one of those projects which is knocked together pretty darn quick, yet still looks rather impressive, if I do say so!

All you need is some driftwood, coloured threads, a drill and some string for hanging.

what you need to make a colourful driftwood garland

Step 1. Wrap the pieces of driftwood with a variety of different coloured threads. I went for 2 or 3 bands of colour, with the beginning and end of each piece of thread secured with a dab of glue.

wrapped driftwood

Step 2. Using a small drill bit, drill a hole in the top of each piece of driftwood.

Step 3. Thread a length of string through the holes made in each piece of driftwood.

string and driftwood

driftwood strung in a colourful garland

And it’s done, well apart from finding somewhere for it to hang.

drift wood and cotton

I do love a quick and simple project!

Comments

  1. That is so lovely - I envy your artistic streak - I would love to think to do such simple beautiful things around our home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like driftwood too. I love this! I hope you've had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really beautiful! I love driftwood too... just a little hard to come by in London! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a fun and whimsical garland!

    Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative, I love looking at your latest makes. I wish we got driftwood up here in Southport, all we're likely to discover is a dirty old plastic bottle!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!