Good Neighbours? Pft!

This is one of those posts that doesn’t need to be written, but I fear if I don’t rant it out I will go round next door and tell them where to shove the drills, electric saw, hammers, floor sanders and goodness knows what else they’ve been using on their poor house.

For the past four months the neighbours have been “remodelling” their house.

Four long, loud and frustrating months.

They could have built a house in that time.

But nope, they are “remodelling” and are using numerous power tools to do so, every single day, often more than one at a time, from 8am until about 7pm. Sometimes later.

My kitchen walls shake with the force of the drill and hammers being slammed in to the other side, trinkets fall off shelves.

The floor in the bathroom vibrates when they do whatever it is they are doing next door.

To add to the noise, the neighbours on the other side decided to get on the “piss Amanda off” bandwagon, they’ve smashed out windows, stripped plaster from walls and done a whole host of other things which has made the noise levels over the past few months almost intolerable.

Often I find myself leaving my home just to get away from the constant bombardment of noise, but that isn’t always feasible.

So now I sit here, with yet another painful ear infection, listening to a drill hammer {I can now differentiate between tools and can even tell when they’ve hit a snag} trying very hard to neither cry nor storm around instruct them how they should use their poxy bloody drill hammer.

I know every household makes noise, my two are supreme at making a racket, but I just wish the neighbours could give it a rest for a while.

 

1 comment :

  1. Oh you have my sympathies. Our neighbours sold some land behind their house to a construction company who are now building 10 bungalows. They start at 7am and there is just a repetitive thump, thump noise until they clock off at 4pm, it's started giving me the twitches. Maybe you could casually go round and ask if they have any ear plugs...they might get the message!

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10