Me Time ~ Finding Some Calm

I’m sure I wasn’t the only parent who breathed a sigh of relief once the kids returned to school after summer break.

As much as I adore my little darlings I was in desperate need of “Me Time”, there’s only so many times I can listen to “Everything is Awesome”, step on Lego bricks or dance around like a loon before I start going crazy.

I’m fortunate enough to live close enough to both the beach and several parks where I’m able to take walks when I feel the need to clear my head and de-stress from the crazy chaos that occurs every morning when trying to get two little boys ready for school.

I’m trying to convince hubs we need a puppy to accompany me on these walks, so far he doesn’t agree!

in shadows

between trees

When the weather is isn’t playing ball and a day indoors beckons I often find myself immersing myself in one type of craft or another.

crafts

Superhero Bunting / Pom pom Garland / Chalk Fabric Banner / Driftwood Mobile

It’s amazing how therapeutic activities such as embroidery can be, I’m not sure if it’s the repetitiveness or the feeling of accomplishment that follows, but there is certainly something that calms me when a project is completed, the clearing up afterwards….not so much!

Perhaps though, my favourite way of enjoying some “me time” is to sit back, and enjoy the peace and quiet whilst sipping a coffee and immersing myself in a good book.

coffee and a good book

There are oddles of other ways to capture some “Me Time”, what are some of your favourites?

2 comments :

  1. I'm all about a book, my sofa, and hot tea! I don't have any kids so I feel selfish saying I like my "me" time. It gets a little stressful though. I hope your having a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My me time now involves running, having a bath or blogging in bed with a cup of tea although that bit is often 'work' but blog reading for me is relaxing :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10