How Does Your Garden Grow…

…sparsely, with a hint of glitter!

On this horrendously miserable morning, I’m thinking of a glorious walk I had last week on the beach at sunrise.

A perfectly frosty morning which highlighted the few flowers still in bloom.

pink flowers on a frosty morning

pink flowers on a frosty morning  pink flowers on a frosty morning

Everything looks just that little bit prettier with a sprinkling of frost.

yellow flowers on a frosty morning

yellow flowers on a frosty morning

I love the golden light you can see surrounding these weird banana shaped petals.

Frosty sunrise 107

white flowers on a frosty morning

purple flowers on a frosty morning

purple flowers on a frosty morning

purple flowers on a frosty morning

This little fella looks rather forlorn, guess a chilly frosty morning isn’t for everyone!

purple flowers on a frosty morning

I don’t know what to call these…are they dead, gone to seed or…whatever they are, they look rather cool lit up with the morning sun.

Frosty sunrise

Frosty sunrise

There were a few plants just waiting to bloom, the mild Winter weather we’ve been having must have befuddled the bejezuz out of them.

waiting to bloom

waiting to bloom

Umm, just how much does this shot scream Summer

blue sky and grass

Anyone else find it odd we have pinecones growing along the beach? We also have Aloe Vera plants and palm tree doodahs

coastal pinecones

Goodness only knows what this bat arse crazy weather will do to the Spring bulbs!

I shall leave you with the rather beautiful sunrise.

Frosty sunrise

How Does Your Garden Grow

12 comments :

  1. I'm just hoping that the milder weather doesn't mean we're in for a wet summer-but I'm thinking positive! I agree, the frost does give everything a certain magic. Beautiful photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos have lifted my spirits today, lovely sunshine and colours :) Great captures of the frost in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be able to capture the magic of the morning frost. With such colourful photographs Eastbourne seems like it is in a completely different country to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a walk on the beach at sunrise. that sounds perfect. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos, it looks like there was a hint of every season on that walk! From the land-locked Midlands the thought of a seaside morning stroll is making me sooo jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos and a perfect time of the day for a walk with a camera in hand. How fab that there are so many glorious colours and blooms still about for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious looking morning you captured! I've been out along the beach here too although not a single bloom in sight sadly. You are right about the frost making everything a bit prettier, it's like sprinkling icing sugar over a freshly baked mince pie. Mmmm mince pies... Sorry I still running on Christmas time ;)
    Goodness knows what the Spring will bring - my mum is reporting the first snow drops opening up already though!

    Thank you for joining in again lovely, I hope you enjoyed the walk as much as I did the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a punch of colour your photos are - they have really made me smile. Love the frost on that little fella, although sadly he probably doesn't! Beautiful photos honey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful photos. need reminding that there is still some colour around at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe, even by the coast, how many flowers you can still find at this time of year. That said, I found a newly opened buttercup in the empty chicken run today ... and after we have had some hard frosts. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colourful pictures. I'm a little bit obsessed with coastal life so I really enjoyed this floral tour. That little purple flower looks cheesed off doesn't he, awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colour in those pictures and yes that one screams summer #hdygg

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10