Getting Lost

As much I just love living so close to the beach I do miss the trees and grass, growing up in a house that backed on to Wimbledon Common spoilt me somewhat.

So when we ended up lost on a recent trip out and ended up on the South Downs, I was actually really happy, who knew getting lost could be so fun!

The boys absolutely loved our unplanned trip to the woods.

sword fight

going on an adventure

These clumps of grass are apparently great for bouncing on!

ohh springy grass

It will be lovely to see these trees once in full leafy bloom.

blue sky through the trees

this way

There was lots to keep the boys entertained, moss covered stones, flowers and fences made from sticks, oh and mama falling over was hilarious too!

ahren and the snowdrops

wooden fences

The only downer of the day was seeing this police appeal, some twat had strung fishing wire between trees on a cycle path…. I just don’t understand why people are such dicks.

wtf

Other than that, getting lost proved to be one of my best decisions, we have a new to us place to visit, I’m thinking picnics in the summer!

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Comments

  1. Sara (@mumturnedmom)7 March 2015 at 01:09

    Sometimes it is the unexpected that makes for the best days! I love the sea, but I would be lost without trees. You need both, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was brought up on the south downs and we used to love exploring - its a beautiful pace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coombe Mill (Fiona)7 March 2015 at 11:27

    I love the South Downs, Nick's Mum lives in Lewes and it is one of my favourite walks when we go to visit. Looks like there are signs of spring all around there now and lovely rosy cheeks and smiles from your children. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh lovely. Where is this? I live by the sea in Brighton and am the same, grew up with more greenery & countryside so do miss that but I guess the downs are not too far away (and can't complain too much as we're by the sea I suppose haha). Think my little boy would love running around there too :)
    www.ourseasidebaby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to visit the South Downs soon - everyday we can see them from nearby hilltops but haven't been yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. Its a shame about the fishing wire, there are some terrible people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to go looking for Wombles on Wimbledon common all the time as kids. You've brought me back some happy memories - thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos, looks like a lovely trip out. Agree, people can be horrid sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos. What a pain that someone ruined things like that.


    Can't believe there's a daffodil out already. Beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!