Spring in Bloom–How Does Your Garden Grow

I think Charles Dickens sums up the past few days well

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade”

sunshine behind daffs

Glancing out the window at blue skies, trees starting to bloom and bulbs displaying an array of bright colourful petals it certainly looks like an early summer day, yet the wind is still bitingly chilly and the frosts have returned to some early morning dwellers.

It feels like I have walked all over Eastbourne this past week for one errand or another, and on my pootles I have seen so many signs of spring.

Blossom trees are starting to really show their petals, I can’t wait for the more bushy ones to join in.

early spring blossom

all the blossom

pink blossom

But spring isn’t just about blossom, wild flowers are springing up aplenty.

spring wildflowers

Back home in the garden I’m loving the fact that I can snip blooms and have them displayed indoors, it really does brighten the place up.

And don’t even get me started on these tulips, they are all sorts of amazing!

tulips

most amazing tulip

The garden centre proved too inviting and I walked away with this gorgeous little fella, coffee not included.

I really do need a bigger garden, not sure I can stop buying new ones!

new little plant

How Does Your Garden Grow

Comments

  1. Those blossom trees look amazing - I keep seeing trees as I'm driving and can't stop to take pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those blossom tree shots are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! you were right about the speedwells! thanks for telling me! now i am tempted to go bring some home; those were growing wild. and i see you have some too. so many pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the light in the top pic of daffodils - stunning :) Those blossom trees are amazing too - our apple and damson trees are yet to bloom, but I shall be out with the camera immediately once they do!! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light behind the daffodils in your first photo is dreamy :) Beautiful blossoms. I've seen a few trees blossoming here but they are much more sparse than the ones you photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer in the light and winter in the shade just about sums it up at the moment doesn't it?Spring's the whole fluctuation in temperatures before it evens out on a hopefully even warm keel for Summer.
    Love the sun streaming through the daff in that first shot and oo la la blossom rules at this time of year. Happy happy colours, no wonder you are one a buying frenzy!
    Thanks for joining in again coastal chica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daffodil and tulip photos are wonderful - the colours punched me in a really good way! I also went nuts over a blossoming tree this week. And wow what a perfect quote by Dickens to sum up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louisa @ fennelandfern29 March 2015 at 14:08

    Like everyone else, I am mesmerised by your shots of blossom! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tulips are beautiful and I love the pots, they look so striking against the white wall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa and Stella8 April 2015 at 20:56

    Tulips rule! But being a purple fan I do like your new purchase too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!