All About The Blossom ~ How Does Your Garden Grow

Trees full of Spring blossom are perhaps one of my most favourite seasonal things, surpassed only by tree branches heavy with snow.

With trees bursting in to full on cotton ball gorgeousness I’ve gone a little blossom crazy this week.

pink cherry blossom

blossom in a tree

There is just something wonderfully optimistic about blossom, a real sign that the gloomy months are behind us and sunshine filled days are straight ahead.

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”

- Anais Nin

blossom in a tree

I can’t resist borrowing a few twiggy branches and displaying them indoors.

blossom

blossom

yellow blossom and seaglass

yellow and pink blossoms

pink blossom

yellow and pink blossoms

Back in our garden I’m the proud owner of yet another hydrangea….a blue one, called Bloomy Three. I picked her up from Sainsbury's of all places, she looked awfully sad, no sunlight or water for a good few days obviously didn’t agree with her. Yet, some trimming of icky leaves and lots of water and sunshine and she’s doing marvellously, more pics next week, but for now here’s a petal from each of my Bloomies.

Love the delicate petals against the rough bark.

hydrangea petals on bark

How Does Your Garden Grow

Comments

  1. What wonderful photographs Amanda... they've really got me all springy this morning. Good job we have the sun out too.
    My blossom is only just starting to sprout. The joys of living in the North East of Scotland... we're always a little behind everyone else. Enjoy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos, lovely colours, lovely light, lovely everything! Good work on bringing the hydrangea back to good health :) I havea white hydrangea but really want to get a blue on for the back garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault9 April 2015 at 22:28

    Our blossom is s till being a bit shy about revealing itself here inNormandy but I am quite glad about that as we are still getting frosts. Mind you we hit 22ºC this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh..... sooooooooooooo pretty! i agree, there is nothing prettier than a blossoming tree. gorgeous pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to see all the trees and plants in blossom isn't it? I have a pink hydrangea that I've moved from our old house and wonder if it will change colour in different soil, or is that an old wives tale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the three hydrangea colours next to each other, that bark is a cracking background - I've planted my first little one recently but alas no petals yet *sulks*
    Blossom pics has to be done at the moment - blue skies, pink and white petals - it's the perfect photo!
    Thank you for joining in again my pink friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. blue skies and blossoms! yes! so gorgeous! and what a lovely bouquet you brought inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I seem to appreciate the seasons - especially the coming of Spring, even more every year as I get older. I barely seem to have noticed all this beauty in my youth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kirsty Hijacked By Twins10 April 2015 at 15:12

    I love seeing pictures of blossom at this time of year. We are still waiting for our fruit trees to blossom but as soon as they do I'll be there with my camera :-) x #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blossom, they fill me with nostalgia, of being 4 and collecting pockets full of it. Gorgeous pictures of one of life's little treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss our blossom tree we had at our first house, always made the garden look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. A superbly blossom-tastic post! Glad you brought some inside too :) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!