How Does Your Garden Grow

A few weeks ago on a trip to Lewes we stumbled across the most gorgeous little garden, Southover Grange, which was full of Spring colours.

all the tulips

trio of tulips

The gardens were very structured and organised, so I was delighted when I saw a pink tulip in a display of white primroses, the ruffled pink was in stark contrast to the white all around it, it had flowered a tad early compared to the other tulips in the display.

be different

saturday walk 055

There were a few magnolias doing their thing.

magnolia

magnolia

Other than in photos of tulip fields in Holland I’ve never seen so many tulips in one place, it was so impressive, I’m wondering just how the gardens will look in the Summer once the tulips have done their thing!

tulips

all the tulips

tulips

No idea what they are, but the little pink things in front of the tulips above, remind me of mushrooms!

saturday walk 034

winterbourne

water well

The blossom trees were in fine form.

blossom

blossom

 

blossom

Between the tulips, the blossom and an array of rather exotic trees situated around the gardens there was this…

yellow pompom plant

…I haven’t the foggiest as to what it is, but the yellow pompom like blooms are just brilliant!

yellow pompom plant

If you ever find yourself in Lewes, Southover Grange gardens are well worth a visit, with a window cafe and a designated quiet garden for a time out, it’s the perfect spot to get away from it all.

Mammasaurus How Does Your Garden Grow

8 comments :

  1. What a lovely looking garden and those tulips are amazing! So much colour. I should know what those yellow flowers are because I've got them in my garden, but I can't remember. My step dad did tell me (he gave me a couple of cuttings.) I have a memory like a sieve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful garden, I spend all week in Lewes and have never actually been to those gardens...I must make the effort soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks beautiful, I really love tulips and currently have 3 vases full of them in the house. I need to master an all-year round flowering garden but easier said than done I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tulip photos. I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take to plant that many though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing lot of tulips. I recently bought a load of tulip bulbs from Holland, don't think my garden will look as impressive as this though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo ooo oo tulip-tastic! What colour! They look so impressive all laid out in rows - like you I always wonder what happens for the other 52 weeks of the year but I guess they plant different things afterwards. One thing I just thought - some dedicated soul must have planted all those bulbs in dead straight lines - RESPECT!
    Gorgeous photos or a gorgeous place - I need to go too!
    Thanks for sharing - and btw I love the way you laid you the 3 individual tulip blooms at the top of the post -really striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He he I have a photo of the same yellow flowering shrub and asked too what's the name! Beautiful photos and gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault2 May 2015 at 16:19

    Wow - colour overload and just what I need for a wet Saturday afternoon to cheer me up.

    Your yellow plant is Kerria Japonica Pleniflora or Jews Mantle Shrub and your pink "tiadstools" are a cultivated daisy (Bellis) #HDYGG plant ID at your service ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10