The Week That Was

The quietness that fills the house once the children return to school after an extended break is horrid.

I always expect to enjoy the peace and quiet after the hectic days of keeping the twins entertained, yet I seem to wonder from room to room in a funk.

Between cleaning up the chaos of the past two weeks I’ve managed to do some gardening faffing, see how they make a beach, do untold amounts of laundry, fit in a day trip to Lewes with hubby, enjoy some ‘me’ time and make my first ever segmented bowl on the lathe.

This week…

After my first early wake up for a while I took a walk along the beach, which is being rebuilt.

This huge boat/ship sucks up shingle from some where close to the Isle of White, chugs it back to Eastbourne and then at high tide, shimmies up to the existing beach and spews the shingle out; rebuilding the beach. Amazing stuff to watch, especially when the sun catches the shingle flying through the air at the right angle and make a rainbow of stone and water.

PROPER COFFEE

Between gardening, laundry and picking up around the house I found moments when I could appreciate the small things…such as the heart garland which made a lovely shadow in the mid day sun.

SEEDS AND SHADOWS

Ahhh my kids are just the cutest! Some mornings I really miss the hour or so we had as we made the journey to school.

I finally started on the display for the boys art work, there just isn’t enough Blu Tac in the world, so pegs it is. I’m having real trouble parting with any of their work, even the scribbles are too important to throw away, how on earth do parents part with any of their kids school/art work?

pegs

On the Friday the hubs took a day off work so we could enjoy some child free time, we love those fart nuggets like crazy, but it has been far too long since we had some time to ourselves. We decided to hit up Lewes and see what we could see.

paperchase and pub

I hate to say it, but I wasn’t as charmed by all the antique shops this time round, I’ve been visiting them for years and have discovered some real treasures, but it seems they now sell a lot of tat, some of which has come straight from Not on the High Street!

I did manage to sneak in a trip to Paperchase, I can’t decide if I want them to open a store in Eastbourne or not, the temptation might be too great!

We also went to the pub. It was great! A proper adult drink, in the day time, whoop whoop indeed.

my new car

Perhaps the most exciting thing for me this week was turning my first ever segment bowl on the lathe.

bowl

I took a chunk of wood, made up of 7 pieces of wood glued together and turned it in to a bowl, and I love it!

lump to bowl

So, that was my week, rather exciting in a mundane kinda way, for me anyway!

Linking up with the lovely Hannah and her bump.

Grab button for The Week That Was

Comments

  1. That bowl is amazing! I am impressed. Such a gorgeous selection of photos and I found it weird with the kids going back this week too, roll on the next holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you got your own lathe? That's amazing! Looks like you've had a lovely little week. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous week! I'm also missing my daughters since they left for uni last week - I have no idea when (or if) they'll be home for the summer. Make the most of your boys being so cute for as long as you possibly can x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss Lewes! I know what you mean about antique shops at the moment - a lot of the stalls seem to sell new stuff! Sounds like you've had a lovely couple of weeks :)


    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!