How Does Your Garden Grow

It seems we’ve had the perfect mix of sunshine filled days and rainy nights, the gardens really seem to be coming in to their summer flourish these past few weeks.

Our own is a wonderful mix of wildflowers, home sown and garden centre bought, which blend together to make a wonderfully vibrant place for me to enjoy and by enjoy I mean somewhere to hang the laundry!

The mix of colours, textures and scents are a real treat and make all the effort, expense and snail hunting worth it!

My white hydrangea has turned a wonderful variety of different shades; blues, whites and pinks mingle with purple and a vintage blush.

hydrangea

Spiderman has been enlisted to help protect against snails.

spiderman

The dahlia is blooming in all it’s glory. I’ve enjoyed seeing the big fat buds open and transform in to gorgeous multi petal flowers.

dahlia blooming

dahlia

As much as I love seeing the flowers in the garden, I can’t help but bring them indoors, wildflowers are a particular favourite. My little darling Ahren picked these for me, aren’t they lovely.

wildflowers at home

I’m always delighted by the variety of wildflowers which grow down on and by the beach.

wildflowers at the beach

wildflowers at the beach

I’ve been wanting to preserve some of the petals, so I made a flower/petal press, take a peek if you fancy having a go!

petals for pressing

I’m all out of sorts with blogging at the moment, so apologies for this rather haphazard post!

Mammasaurus

8 comments :

  1. Oops I'm back - just been reading how to make a flower press on your other post! (Something we've wanted to do too) I love your beach wild flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee! This makes me excited for the white hydrangea I planted earlier this year that is now flowering!


    I love the flower pressing thing, Ozzy pressed some a few weeks back for his home learning project - though nothing as organised as yours - I went old skool lazy in-the-pages-of-a book that was put under a pile of heavier books for a week. We was amazed how much it changed and yet looked the same.


    Ahren is a darling, it still melts my heart when Kitty brings me a bunch of daisies!


    Thanks for joining in again with all these pretties lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. AlexanderResidence11 June 2015 at 23:17

    Aw this reminds me so much of my garden life right now. It is the place I 'hang out with the washing' too and the flowers from your son are exactly the ones I got from my 6yo this week. And I have pirate figures hiding out in my garden too. Lovely photos, what I don't have in Nottingham, is sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Thanks for linking to your flower press, my parents had a hydrangea like yours when I was little and I used to love pressing the flowers, they always came out really well. You've inspired me to give it a go with the children this summer, although we don't have many flowers in our low maintenance garden, we'll have to give it a go with daisies and buttercups! Your wildflowers are lovely, my son presented me with a plastic cup of buttercups yesterday which I found so sweet, perhaps they should be the flowers that I press!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your hydrangea is already out and in full bloom! Spiderman is the sort of thing I find in my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen Sims The good life mum12 June 2015 at 16:18

    oh I love spiderman and the flowers by the sea picture so pretty with the contrasting colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do love a hydrangea! Ours is only just starting to form buds but now I've seen your photos, I want it to hurry up and flower. I was given a flower press when I was a kid, I use to enjoy picking petals off all the plants in the garden, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara (@mumturnedmom)13 June 2015 at 02:53

    Your hydrangea is beautiful, what a gorgeous colour. Ours is nowhere near flowering yet! Love the wildflowers, I think they look so pretty in a vase x

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10