Goodbye Willy, Hello Penis

Since the letters arrived home a few weeks ago informing me that my boys would be having lessons on Sex and Relationship Education I’ve been a bundle of nerves. There was to be a video, nakedness and discussions on how “it feels good when it’s hard” … the penis, not the sex apparently, and talks on the  differences between men and women amongst other things.

I was not and am not prepared for the questions these lessons will no doubt bring up.

And less than an hour in to the Summer break and it started.

favourite words

The boys were splashing about in the pool, I was pottering around the garden deadheading flowers when Ahren rather proudly and loudly declares “My willy is floating! I mean my penis. I have a penis not a willy A PENIS”

He then informs me “Mummy, did you know you have a vagina? A vagina…ahahahahaha VAGINA PENIS” he’s laughing so hard his head ends up under water, I’m partly relieved that he’s now spluttering water and concentrating on breathing rather than shouting his two new favourite words whilst I mourn the days of “willy and boobies”.

It’s then that we hear “Cooeee hello” from over the wall and I realise that our neighbours have overheard us, it’s their first Summer living next door to us, I guess it’s a good thing they learnt on day one what to expect!

14 comments :

  1. hehehe! That made me laugh out loud....At least everyone now knows the correct term for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just had the conversation with our 4 year old that it's not exactly a "front butt" that she has down there. Good times

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. Thanks for sharing it really made me laugh. My boys are exactly the same! #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha how cute :) My daughter talks about her 'gina quite a lot. The other day my husband was admiring her latest artwork and said "that's wonderful darling, I especially like that bit over there," and she said "thanks Dad, that's my 'gina." You should've seen him blush!!!
    #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random Musings23 July 2015 at 01:19

    Lol great post, I'm sure it entertained your neighbours :) #brillblogposts
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me laugh. I can only imagine when mine girls get to that age. I am just not ready....#brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! So this is what I ahve to look forward to with two boys as they get older! The joys! :) #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, great post, not looking forward to this day with my son! #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! A floating penis - that's perfect! Wait til they get to be teenagers...that's a whole new can of worms....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've traded off the sex education talks for when Isla get's sick for the first time with her dad- he can deal with this one day lol! Great post :) #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious! I love that kids are free to discuss their parts, the way it should be! Even if the neighbours are a bit shocked! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh kids! I hope I'll be open with Toby, he already loves his willy and he's only 1 haha xx #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear lord, there's something very clinical about those two words... your poor neighbours! #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's a brilliant post and so funny! Mine are still young so I can't quite imagine the conversations about Sex, but I know that they are already very open about talking about their bodies or loudly announcing they need a poo in public! Hilarious and for neighbours who don't have children it's certainly an eye opener! Have a lovely - and funny - summer!
    #BrilliantBlogPost

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10