How Does Your Garden Grow?

Last week I headed out for a walk all by myself, my shadows will be joined at the hip for the next 6 weeks and 5 days, not that I’m counting, so I decided to get in some “me time” whilst I could.

DSCF4789

There’s always something weird and wonderful to see growing along the beach.

DSCF4794

DSCF4795

DSCF4797

DSCF4799

DSCF4801

DSCF4803

DSCF4806

This cheeky little fella was enjoying himself!

DSCF4811DSCF4813

DSCF4816

DSCF4821

The last time I saw these roses, they were nothing but thorny twigs.

DSCF4823

I have no idea what these are, but I just love how they tower over everything else.

DSCF4830

DSCF4836

Whilst in the park I made sure to see my favourite tree, I just love the colour of its leaves.

DSCF4847

On a bright day, with a blue sky as a backdrop, these leaves are simply stunning.

DSCF4849

I always associate red berries with Autumn and Winter, so seeing these just a few feet away from an egg shell, which I associate with late Spring early Summer just baffled me.

DSCF4852

egg shell

At this point I wished the the hatchling well and pootled off home to collect my own little birdies.

Mammasaurus

8 comments :

  1. Merlinda Little23 July 2015 at 12:20

    Its so lovely there! Amazing too that you have plants and blooms by the sea. Ours is all sand. Lovely photos =) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that is a japanese maple tree? it looks so beautiful where you live. like, truly magical

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tall flowers are Hollyhocks, I love them, gorgeous. Beautiful walk you have to enjoy. I do love looking at coastal plants, seeing what grows and the differences to inland. Sea Holly is a fave of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sea holly as it is so structrual and such an unusual colour. There's always beautiful plants about in your part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those really tall flowers are Hollyhocks - we have one in the garden but its buds are still tightly coiled. I keep thinking "hurry up, Summer won't be with us for much longer!". Looks like a lovely walk to take by yourself, lots of nice things to see. Cheeky little snail :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hollyhocks! So many pretties by the sea near you, a lovely place to walk. I too have been baffled by red berries, golden ferns and heather growing here, all which I associated more with September time than July! I think Autumn may come early this year - so long as that means a white Christmas I'll be happy!
    Man I just dropped the C bomb on your blog! Soz!
    Thank you for joining in again lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the hollyhocks look lovely and i love how you were photo bombed by the snail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab photos - and those hollyhocks are lovely, my dad grows them but they won't grow for me. Love the sea holly too - enjoy the summer holidays :) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10