Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
I don’t blog recipes often, but when I do they are deliciously calorific!
This time of year is all about the comfort food; rainy cold days should end with homemade soups, chunky casseroles and cinnamon based treats.
These are a twist on one of my favourite treats ever, the humble cinnamon roll.
I cheat whenever possible when it comes to baking, which is why I use ready made puff pastry, so not only are these yummy, but they’re quick too, bonus!
Apple cinnamon rolls with Maple Icing
1 Package of Puff Pastry
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
Knob of butter, melted
1 cup Icing Sugar
1tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Prepare puff pastry as per packaging instructions, pre heat oven.
2. Melt the butter and brush over the rolled out puff pastry.
3. Grate 2 apples. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mix over the puff pastry then add the grated apple on top, chuck on a little more cinnamon sugar mix on the apple.
5. Roll the puff pastry sheet in to a tube, keeping it as tight as possible. Using a sharp knife slice the puff pastry in to rolls.
6. Place the puff pastry rolls on to a baking sheet lined with baking paper, bake according to package instructions.
7. Combine the icing sugar, milk and maple syrup then drizzle over the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!