Rain Rain Go Away!

Seriously, the rain just needs to stop.

I want to plant Spring bulbs, cut back some dead stuff and generally get the garden ready for its nap, but it just hasn’t stopped raining!

Between downpours and high winds I did manage to snap a pic of my cosmo, which I grew from seed *smug face*.

It’s rather late in the season but I’m chuffed to bits, and there’s 6 or so other buds ready to pop!

cosmo

It’s been a wet and very slow week of progress in the garden, the only other point of note is the hydrangea, I just can’t get over how gorgeous it is.

fading hydrangea

This is one flower which probably looks better as it fades out than when it’s at its peak bloomage.

I have good intentions, I even picked up some bulbs, but meh the rain is crazy and I don’t think planting bulbs in such soggy soil is a good idea.

spring bulbs and seeds

Those gnarly looking bulbs will hopefully produce some beautiful ranunculous plants, amazing how such beauty can come from something which looks really rather nasty.

Maybe next week there will be a dry spell or two which will enable me to enjoy the last few colourful days of the garden.

Mammsaurus HDYGG

Comments