The Simple Things - Being Thankful

Every once in a while I feel the need to slow down and remind myself to just be thankful.

thankful

It’s too easy in the humdrum of everyday life to get caught up in the little things which don’t matter yet we still manage to make an epic drama out of.

Does it really matter he left his socks on the bedroom floor again when he gets up at 5am every morning to go work and gets up with the kids on the weekend so I can sleep in?

Does it really matter if the boys don’t read their school issued books when they are huddled in bed reading a dinosaur encyclopaedia and offer me sleepy snuggles?

There are so many things of inconsequence which I allow to steal my time and energy, and then I complain of being tired and frustrated at life!

So for today at least, I shall ignore the things which really don’t matter and focus on being appreciative of what and who I have in my life.

When was the last time you stopped and remembered to be thankful?

Comments