Christmas Tree Inspired Faffing

There is something really rather special about a Christmas tree, alas due to our last one being a hive of bugs we no longer have real Christmas trees, we do however have a rather magnificent fake one.

Whilst my tree is rather lovely, if I do say so, it’s fake so doesn’t really fit the whole ‘nature’ aspect of How Does Your Garden Grow.

So I gathered some of the leaves, petals and others odds and sods I’ve collected over the year whilst admiring gardens, woodlands and parks and made a few nature inspired Christmas trees.
In other words, I faffed.


 I got my first hydrangeas this year, and I’m smitten. In full bloom or dried and skeletal, they look stunning.


I’ve been a leaf and petal pressing fiend this year, this is one of my favourites, the colours are just so warm and welcoming.


It’s Christmas so I had to include holly and berries, but the best thing, is the silver birch tree stump, I simply adore silver birch trees.


The humble pine-cone. Simply amazing in their variety of size and shape.


Finally my take on a Christmas tree, gathered style. I do love a mini silver pail, they make the perfect ‘home’ for a glittery pine-cone tree.

http://mammasaurus.co.uk/journal/christmas-at-beaulieu-hdygg-134 Grab button for Clarina’s Contemplations

Comments