Be Inspired, Be Unique

I had hoped there would be some kind of inspiration to kick start my blogging in the new year, but to be honest, I’m just as jaded by it all as I have been for the past few months.

I’ve taken a step back of late. The entire blogging world seems rather stagnant and if I may be frank, rather samey.

I think we’re all guilty of writing posts which have come before, whilst we may take a different spin on a topic, there is little in the way of parenting, creativity, interiors and recipes that hasn’t already been written. It’s our unique take on a situation, event or style that makes blogs worth reading; the individual experience that keeps us coming back for more.

There’s inspiration to be found in many places, but trying to use that inspiration with a unique twist isn’t always easy.

be inspired be unique

I’ve seen some bloggers seemingly try to emulate the success of others by imitating their style, which isn’t flattering so much as tacky. Especially where credit isn’t given.

The quest to become one of those elusive professional bloggers, a term which I honestly still don’t understand, has led to more linkies, hash-tags and challenges in the quest to gain followers, likes and goodness knows what else those PR folk are after.

But none of the recent ones are unique, and whilst I’m not calling out, I find it a shame that people who were doing their own thing, and doing it well, now seem to be jumping on the bandwagon of others.

All this makes me want to step back and just stop, whilst no one would really miss my blog, I would eventually kick myself for giving up something which I find not only therapeutic but inspirational. So I shall keep plodding along, in my own way, avoiding those niches, trying to add my own spin to popular topics and giving credit where it is due.

We all have a unique voice in the world of blogging, there is no need to try being someone else.

Comments