3 Things & Home

‘there is nothing like staying home for real comfort’ – Jane Austin

Since joining in with the happy and home linky I’ve been giving more thought to our “four walls” and what it is that makes this humble abode ours. It’s easy to set up somewhere and live there, but finding somewhere where you actually want to stay, and call home, that isn’t always so easy.

These past two weeks have made me realise that our home is perfect for our little family of 4, not least due to the following:

Location, Location, Location

I love where I live. My home is a hop, skip and a jump away from the beach. A place which can elevate my mood, change my perspective and provide endless hours of fun all less than 2 minutes away. Waking up to bird chirping and being able to hear the waves crash on the beach is wonderful. As to is having the South Downs just down the road.

field of daisys south downs

I’ve done the city living, calling many places in London home. Whilst there is much to be said for 24hr everything on the doorstep, there is even more to be said for the quiet, calm and relaxing lifestyle of living outside the city limits.

Calm

I’ve lived in so many places, many of which didn’t offer either the privacy nor the peace and quiet needed to think clearly or just sit and do nothing much.

My children are wonderfully, uniquely crazy. Little bundles of energy who rarely stop and are bored too easily. It’s exhausting at times just keeping up with them, so when they decide to curl up with a book and learn about the big wide world out there I’m at once proud and relieved. Not only that they willing choose to step away from Minecraft, Lego or ipads, but that they want to pick up a book and just read.

IMG_20160403_103227

Having a home where they can step away from the craziness and just enjoy doing nothing much is wonderful, we all need to remember that it’s okay to just sit for awhile and ignore everything else.

Healing

I’m almost too scared to jinx it to mention, but on the other hand I want to shout from the roof tops…for the first time in almost 7 years I’m not relying on antidepressants every day.

If you’ve ever been on them for a prolonged period of time you’ll know just how scary it can be not to have the safety net of these tablets. For the past few weeks I’ve been taking my meds alternate days, and I haven’t flipped, I’ve not lost my temper in a fit of rage, I haven’t become a recluse. I’ve actually laughed, giggled and enjoyed numerous moments with my family. These are things I never thought I’d be able to do without my daily dose of antidepressant. Having the safety of home and the security of a loving family have been instrumental in getting through these last two weeks.

On that note, I guess I should at least try to return some semblance of normality to our home, I’m almost positive you should be able to see carpet in the children's bedroom!

Happy and Home at A Residence blog

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10