Late Summer flower faffing

It seems wildflower season is over for another year, in our garden at least anyway.

Whilst I dithered about and harvested their seed pods for another year of colour I took time out of the chaos that is parenting during the Summer break to faff about with some flowers for pressing.

summer flower faffing

Every year I swear our clematis is the last to flower, not that I nor the fat buzzy bees are complaining.

clematis

fire bush and clematis

I snipped some lavender to bring indoors to dry, then immediately apologised to the bee buzzing about gathering pollen. Anyone else ever feel guilty for picking flowers?

lavender

flower pressing

The Sweet Peas are my gardening success story this year, from little seedlings to decent sized climbers which are flowering every week. 

sweet peas

They’ve been the perfect bloom to pop in my latest woodturning make.

wood stick vase and sweet peas

Purple and orange, a weird but wonderful colour combo.

flower faffing

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to read and comment, I appreciate each one!

09 10